Roifield Brown – 4 Weatherbury, 90 Talbot Road, Notting Hill, London. W2 5LF
Producer, Digital Strategist, Podcaster, Broadcaster and Audio Editor. Dynamic, articulate, media professional with transferable skills acquired across a broad range of businesses including broadcasting and a network of websites.
Works effectively, adapts rapidly to new disciplines and demands. Employs creativity to meet challenging schedules and projects.
- Launched Myvillage.com which was hugely successful and grew to over 1m users per month.
- Managed a portfolio of accounts at Myvillage.com that included BMW, Fiat, Metropolitan Police, London councils, and other large organisations, plus SMEs and new startup businesses.
- Produced Skylines which is a successful podcast for The New Statesman
- Devised online and social media strategy for London Citizens, a third sector advocacy group. Created their What Londoners Want project for the London Mayor 2012 campaign www.whatlondonerswant.com. The hashtag #whatlonderswant became the UK trending hashtag during the campaign.
- Articles published on political and news sites including, HuffingtonPost.com and Opendemocracy.org
- Devised and produced the podcast How Jamaica Conquered the World: 26 episodes on the culture, music and sport of the island. Awarded 06/2012 iTunes Podcast of the Week. Promoted through numerous interviews on BBC Radio and print media.
- 10 American Presidents podcast which is currently doing 40,000 downloads a month, has had over 200 reviews on iTunes worldwide. Sponsors include 23andme and Stamps.com
- Mid Atlantic, a US and UK political podcast show, featured in The Telegraph Jan 2015.
- Created and co-hosts Dumteedum, a weekly fan podcast about the BBC soap The Archers, 25,000 listeners a month. Over 250 5 star reviews on iTunes worldwide
New Statesman – Series Producer, London
JAN 2016 – PRESENT
Producer for Skylines podcast. Duties include series direction and editing.
Caius House – Digital Strategy, London
JAN 2016 – PRESENT
Overhaul of internal and external comms. Creation of PR profile and direction for the organisation. Creation of Online Radio Station and brand.
Podcast Producer: London, Toronto, San Francisco
JAN 2015 – PRESENT
- 10 American Presidents
A series of shows about 10 presidents and how they shaped and influenced the direction of America.
Sponsors: Stamps.com and 23andme.com
Monthly Downloads, 40,000
- 1001 Conversations
Client – Action on Addiction
Looking at the work of women overcoming addiction and the work of Hope House
A podcast about the long running BBC soap The Archers.
Sponsors: Sarah Smith cloths
Monthly Downloads, 25,000
Ascension Eagles – Comms and Strategic Advisor, London
Eagles is one of the UK’s most successful youth initiatives, as well as Britain’s best all round cheerleading programme. The strategy was forged across traditional and new media to encourage boys to join. Gained coverage in national and local press, created new website and photo campaign leading to a higher media profile and most importantly achieving the aim of more boys signing up.
Caribbe.TV – Digital Strategic advisor, London
Created digital strategy for the new Caribbean TV platform in the UK on social media and radio. Created and wrote radio adverts, outlined social media strategy around the “Johnsons”.
Elba – Comms and Strategic advisor, London
East London Business Alliance were in the process of major restructuring and needed help in getting their message across internally and externally – to their own staff and to their stakeholders. Through a series of workshop sessions with senior management I was able to work out with them their communication strategies for 2014.
The Ruby Lounge – Image and Brand Consultant
- Worked on Warren Food LTD’s restaurant franchise in London. The role encompassed the rebrand of its first restaurant KK’s to The Ruby Lounge, remodelling the interior and developing new marketing strategies to encourage new diners and revenue.
Audio Lounge – Digital Strategist, London
- Created membership programme, curated promotional album and podcasts.
London Citizens – Digital Strategist, London
- Created campaign website.
- The hashtag #whatlonderswant became the UK trending hashtag during the campaign.
How Jamaica Conquered The World – Series Producer, Worldwide
OCT 2011 – PRESENT
- Produced 26 episodes, with more planned, sanctioned by the government of Jamaica.
- iTunes UK podcast of the week, iTunes US featured podcast of the month.
- Secured interviews with General Colin Powell, The Prime Minister of Jamaica, Jazzie B, Diane Abbott MP, Clevie, King Tubby, Tippa Irie and others. Find the project at www.howjamaicaconqueredtheworld.com
Freelance Media Writer/Consultant, London
JAN 2011 – PRESENT
- HuffPost opinion writer, OHTV commentator, BBC radio opinion commentator, contributor to Guardian.com
- Consultant for Race Equality Foundation advising on web and video strategies such as a Strengthening Families initiative.
- Consultant to Festival Jamaica 2012 on media and film and event organisation.
- Worked with Footballindex.com, an online football stock market, on site development, content feeds and programming methodology.
Myvillage.com Founder, CEO, London
OCT 1999 – 2011
- Created successful writer and user generated content site.
- Underpinned success through advertising revenue and created products that generated over £0.5m pa turnover
- Critically analysed target demographic then tailored content to drive engagement, increase page stickiness and traffic, and lower bounce rates.
- Managed up to 18 people plus freelance personnel, with emphasis on a fun, yet productive working environment.
- Appeared on radio panels as a media commentator, wrote editorials and proofread copy from contributors for the network of websites.
- Handled integrated campaigns for Fiat, BMW Mini, The Metropolitan Police and Smirnoff.
- Promoted festivals, events and council services for local authorities such as Wandsworth, Lambeth and Kensington & Chelsea.
Creative positions (Various) March 1995 – Jan 1999
Sovereign House – Web designer, London
OCT 1998 – OCT 99
Web designer, using HTML and Dreamweaver to meet client specifications.
BlueBoy TV – Producer/Director, Birmingham
MAY 1996 – MAY 1998
● Producer: Responsible for running a small production company in Birmingham and London. Conceived Flyin’ radio and TV club music programme. Edited Generation magazine, published in Birmingham with a monthly circulation of 40,000
- Editor: Edited Flyin’ on Avid
- Director: Directed studio green screen section of Flyin’, various Pop Promos and programme inserts.
- Graphic Designer: Designed covers and various pages in Generation magazine and campaigns for WKD, including CD covers.
HTV – Live TV Director, London
MAY 1995 – MAY 1996
- Graphic Designer: Responsible for all stings and idents for the Service Station.
- Live TV studio Director: Directed Pump TV, live 1 hour show, that included phone-ins, inserts, interviews and live music. Presented by Sacha Baron Cohen
Video Director – Freelance, Birmingham
MAR 1991 – MAR 1999
Directed and edited pop promos aired on MTV and BBC’s Top of the Pops, and short films such as Streetwise, commissioned by Action for Children.
Temper & Jones – Retail Owner, Birmingham, Manchester
MAR 1992 – MAR 1994
- Started two clothing shops in Birmingham and Manchester.
Workplace Skills and Other Details
- IT skills: SEO, HTML, CSS, social media marketing; CMS – Ning, WordPress, Joomla, PCs / Apple Macs; Final Cut, Avid, Photoshop, Dreamweaver; Illustrator, Google Analytics, UX, MS Office apps
- Finance: Controlled budgets up to £0.5m pa, purchasing, negotiated costs and prices
- HR tasks: Managed teams / companies, recruitment, training and mentoring.
- QBE: Qualified by experience with technologies and people skills
- Education: HND in Audio Visual Studies – Northbrook College, Worthing, OND in Audio Visual Studies – Batley School of Art, Batley; Six ‘O’ Levels plus GCSE
- Personal: British with full driving licence; excellent references.